One of the most important lessons I’ve acquired over the many years of studying Natural Hygiene has to do with the cause of cancer.
Once I knew how cancer originates and what can I do to prevent it (or heal it – in the case of helping others), I became less fearful of the disease.
In the words of Dr. Herbert Shelton: “Cancer is an end point in a pathological evolution that had its beginning long before any clinical signs of cancer manifested itself. Cancer does not attack. Cancer evolves. Cancer cells and cancer tissues are modifications of the patient’s own cells and tissues. They are not foreign entities that pounce upon their unwary victims from out of the dark.” So we must look to ourselves to reverse this process. When the pathological conditions which resulted in this abnormal cell growth are removed, health will begin to be restored as long as this condition has not advanced too far.”
Bear with me if this post is long, but I decided to go into more detail showing of the 7 seven stages of the disease process, as compiled by TC Fry.
The Seven Stages Of Disease
1. ENERVATION – This is the first step in disease. Our fund of nerve energy becomes overdrawn to the point that the body is unable to eliminate the toxic by-products of metabolism. Enervation is a state in which the body is either not generating sufficient nerve energy for the tasks the body must perform, or the tasks the body must perform may be greater than the normal nerve energy supply can cope with. The body thus becomes impaired and generates less nerve energy. All the body’s functions become impaired and this includes the processes of elimination of both endogenous metabolic wastes and the exogenous poisons introduced into the body (such as in our chemicalized foods). This impairment results in further diminishing the body’s ability to restore depletion of nerve energy. This situation results in a condition called toxemia or toxicosis—the second stage of disease.
2. TOXICOSIS – The blood and tissues become loaded with the uneliminated toxic materials from body metabolism and/or from toxins taken in from processed foods, drinks, drugs, etc. Intoxication occurs when we overload the body with toxic materials from the outside, or we fail to observe our capacities and overwork, get insufficient sleep, or are subjected to great stress, or when any number of other factors deplete the body of nerve energy or prevent its sufficient regeneration. For instance, stresses, emotional shocks, or traumatic experiences can drain our bodies of nerve energy very quickly.
3. IRRITATION – This is the third stage of disease. The body unloads its toxicity at various points in the body. Irritation takes the form of itchiness, edginess, uncomfortable feelings, etc. Any toxic material, be it salt, caffeine or spicy food will irritate or stimulate. This is a condition wherein the body sets in force its defensive mechanisms and accelerates its internal activities. A burst of activity will result in an effort to rid the body of these unwanted irritants.
4. INFLAMMATION – This is the stage of disease that is usually first noticed and is recognized by physicians as pathology, for it involves pain. Energy that would normally be available for activity there is pre-empted and redirected to the massive effort to cope with a severe condition of intoxication. In inflammation, the toxicants have usually been concentrated in an organ or area for a massive expulsive effort. It is an evidence or symptom of increased and intense body activity directed at cleansing and repair. It is a healing activity. If this eliminative effort is suppressed by drugs, the toxicity increases until other organs become saturated—not only with this toxicity but with the drugs administered as well. This fourth stage of disease is the body’s most intense effort to cleanse and restore itself. The following degenerative stages of disease will result if the causes of general body intoxication are continued.
5. ULCERATION – During this stage, poisonous matters have begun destroying cells and cellular organizations (tissues). This condition is often very painful as there are exposed nerves. The body may use an ulcer as an outlet for extraordinary toxic buildup thereby relieving itself. It will heal the ulcer if causes are discontinued, or if the toxicity level is lowered significantly.
6. INDURATION – This is a hardening where the body creates tumorous tissue (a kind of scar tissue) to bridge the lost tissue and to encapsulate the poisonous materials that are destroying it. The ulcer and the toxic materials are scaled off by the hardening of the tissue around them. This is the way of quarantining the toxic materials, often called tumor formation. It is this condition that is often falsely diagnosed as cancer. If a proper change in diet and lifestyle is carried out at this point, the condition can largely be repaired or reversed. Should the pathogenic practices, which brought matters to this stage be continued, cells and tissues go wild and live in a parasitic manner. This condition is called cancer.
7. CANCER – This is the seventh and final stage of disease. Body vitality is at a very low ebb; cells are no longer under the control of the body’s master control system, the brain. They multiply wildly in an unorganized manner without purpose. They may be giants or dwarfs and they draw their needs from the bloodstream without contributing to body functions. Cancer cells are parasitic cells. Once this condition is reached, there is little hope except to arrest and control the process. Only the healthiest of regimens can do this.
How Not To Develop Cancer
You must remember that health is natural and illness is not. Your body always strives to maintain homeostasis and a healthy state. If illness manifests itself, it means that the body has not been provided the best circumstances for maintaining this balance and has been overwhelmed with toxins.
In spite of our polluted environment, the wide use of poisonous sprays on crops (chemical farming), use of poisonous additives in our foods, and other environmental carcinogens, there is a lot we can do in order to avoid (or heal) from cancer by adjusting our lifestyle.
What Must We Do To Ensure Ourselves Of This Health?
Living in accord with nature and everything it entails, like by consuming raw foods, fasting, and keeping ourselves active, among other habits, represents our greatest chance of never developing this illness; if you already have cancer, there is a lot you can do to heal even at later stages.
Even small variations to your diet and lifestyle, without going to extremes, can have a profound impact on your wellbeing and immune system; my mother doesn’t eat 100% raw – she is not even 100% plant based; and still managed to beat Leukaemia for good and stay cancer free 18 years later.
Enjoyed this article?
Check out the essential guide: Raw Dinner Recipes.
Get 16 quick and delicious oil-free dinner recipes that don’t require a dehydrator.
You can get the eBook right now – for FREE – by clicking the banner below.